I love Saturdays!

Don't you just love Saturdays? And what better way to start the day than going for some breakfast with the husband! We live a stones throw away from Honiton High St so we ventured over to Cafe 102 (my favourite eatery in Honiton).



I didn't fancy too much so i had a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows - yummy and a toasted tea cake which i shared with the hubby.





It was a great start to the day. I then had a wander around the local shops and street market (Honiton is known for its street market and gets lots of tourists in the summer). Infact Honiton has a lot going for it, i feel very lucky to live here so i will do a separate blog on it i think.

For lunch i had left over prawn balti with the remainder of my garlic naan (i bet i smell wonderful!) I love having a take away now and again, the hubby and i love Indian food and have tried it everywhere we have travelled too but nothing compares to English/Indian food but i'm not sure why? I grew up in Birmingham which is extremely multi cultured and it is the place to visit in England if you want an amazing curry. Whenever we go visit my parents, we always get a Brummie curry :o)



This afternoon i am pretty much chilling in front of the TV (i am currently watching the original Freaky Friday) as i have been off work for a week and a half with flu and a virus, hence the delay in starting my blog (it would have been soup everyday as i only had the energy in the day to turn on the stove). I am tons better but not 100% yet so just taking it easy today.

Chilling on the sofa would not be right without a lovely cup of English tea in my favourite Bloomingdale's mug. Don't you find drinks taste better when you use a favourite mug/cup/glass? How strange!












I also had 2 chocolates from the massive chocolate box hubby gave me on Valentine's Day, i had orange and coffee covered in dark chocolate - D'licious!




Just thought i would throw this into the mix, whilst i have been off sick, this little bundle of love has not left my side, it's as if she knew i was not well and provided me with the best cuddles. I love my cat Foxy, she is the sweetest, gentlest thing.

Ok it's only 9 weeks tomorrow until my 2nd half marathon and i have hardly trained due to my recent illness, i have a lot of making up to do on my running schedule but i find i work better under pressure - i just hope my body holds up with all the running i have planned over the next 2 months!

1 comments:

    Looks like a great way to start the weekend!